8-9 medium peaches (approximately 4 lbs) peeled and sliced
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 9-inch pie crust (recipe for our own "Easy-as-pie" crust is also on our website)
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Butter or use baking spray on a 9 inch pie plate.
2. Roll out crust and place in prepared plate. Place a small amount of butter on crust
3. Toss peach slices with a small amount of lemon juice.
4. Mix cornstarch, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. add to peaches and stir together gently.
5. Place peaches in prepared crust and cover with lattice top crust or crumb topping.
6. bake at 425 for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350F and bake for an additional 45 minutes or until fruit begins to bubble.